Whenever I talk to people about Faith and Religion I often have a hard time distinguishing what faith they actually believe? Some will identify with a faith (and I hate to say this), because it is fashionable such as the so-called “New Agers” do. Or it can be a “convenience” factor, so as it does not get in the way of their everyday lives. And the strangest belief that I think I have come across is a form of a “just in case” belief…just in case God exists they want to be safe from a one way ticket to Hell. They live their lives as if God does not exist, but in the back of their mind he just might. Very disingenuous to be sure!
Maybe you have heard of the statement “Christian Walk”? There is a very good website worth checking out called http://www.bible-knowledge.com and on it I found a good article on “The Basis of the Christian Walk” The article published an even number of specific requirements that will help you on your personal walk with God. I will share with you in paraphrase:
1. “The Full Surrender”
– You must completely surrender your life over to God the Father. Jesus must become Lord over your life!
2. Become “Spirit Filled”
– You need to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
– Only through “Faith and Belief” will this be allowed to happen. Not just “Theological knowledge”
3. Establish “Faith and Trust in God”
– After you receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit the next step is to establish Faith and Trust in God. A small amount will do at first. Just look at the Parable of the Mustard Seed.
4. Walk in ALL of God’s Ways
– Read the Bible! If you want to play a sport you have to learn all the basics and rules before playing, correct?
– You must also develop a good and healthy “Fear of the Lord”, a reverent healthy respect for God!
– It is God that wants you to have an intimate relationship with you!
6. Develop a Strong Prayer Life
– Remember not to pray in vain repetition or thoughtless prayer – you are speaking to God! Would you like it if someone kept repeating the same thing over and over? Prayer is a communication with God, not a work based repetition.
– Pray from your heart.
7. Enter into a True Sanctification Process with the Lord
– We have been saved the work done by the Blood of Jesus on the Cross in Calvary! God wants to transform us by a “renewing of our minds”.
– God is the Potter, we are the Clay!
8. Seek after the Knowledge of God
– The main source is the Bible
– The second source is Books. There is many good books to choose from to “feed” you
– TV/Radio/Podcasts. I would highly recommend the sermons of Dr. Michael Youssef @ http://www.leadingtheway.org
9. Establish “Fellowship” with other Christians
– You will find them as God presents them to you. You must be careful on the people that you connect with. Basically you will feed and share best with other Christians of equal yolk.
10. Join a good “Spirit Filled Church”
– Ask God through prayer to lead you to a Church that he would like you to join
So in summary, “Are you an Invisible Christian”? You will not be if you follow these ten steps above I guarantee it! You will have a great “Walk” and “Personal Relationship” with Jesus. You cannot help but become “Visible”, especially with Jesus our Lord!