Obey God’s Law:
1. (Acts 5:29) – “But Peter and the apostles answered and said, We must obey God rather than men.”
Obey Man’s Law:
1. (Romans 13:1) – “Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.”
2. (1 Peter 2:13) – “Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,”
Our absolute commission is to obey God. Christians are to follow human law with the exception of when human law infringes upon God’s Law. God tells us in scripture to also obey human laws, so we should. The other side of it is that if Man’s Law collides with God’s Law we are to obey God over Man.
EXODUS 20: 3-11 (NASB)
1. “You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing loving kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3. “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
4. “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
5. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you.
6. “You shall not murder.
7. “You shall not commit adultery.
8. “You shall not steal.
9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
Paul speaks about Divorce:
1 Corinthians 10-11 10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife
So many people errantly think that getting married is something that will complete them. These people have the notion that they personally have needs that is their marriage partner’s responsibility to meet. Problem is with this understanding is its ingrained selfishness and the very person who expects another to meet his desires often pays no attention to theirs While at the same time he himself is expected by the other to meet her needs, or vice-versa. In a nutshell, this is a self-defeating attitude.
Going to throw away a Marriage for selfish reason? Let’s see what James has to say…
James 4: 1-6 (NASB)
4 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. 4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
But shows favor to the humble.”
Where to start? First let’s define what Christianity is…
The base of Christianity is defined by doctrines found in the Holy Bible. Is it just a belief in Jesus the Messiah? Well Mormons and even the Devil believe in Christ. So “belief” in Jesus does not make you a “Christian” per se. You must believe the Bible as it is clear that Jesus is God in flesh and the creator of everything.
There is essential doctrine to follow, but I will focus on only a couple for the sake of brevity; The Roman Catholic Church breaks two essential doctrines. 1) They promote Mary and the Saints to a God-like status and that violates the Commandment to have no other Gods before the true and living God. The RCC says Mary is the “Mediatrix” (CCC 969), and that Mary atoned for the sin of man (Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma pg. 213). Also that “Mary is the subject of preaching and worship” (Vatican Council 11, pg. 420)
The RCC scoffs at the Doctrine of Salvation by Grace through Faith alone, “…that all Men may attain Salvation through Faith, Baptism and the Observance of the Commandments” (CCC par. 2068). This is a knock to the scriptures as it is plain that the Bible says that Salvation is not attained by works;
Romans 3: 27-30 27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
The Roman Catholic Church claims to be Christian? It is verified to be quite the contrary according to their own beliefs and writings! They break the essential doctrines of the Christian Faith!
I pray that the followers of the RCC see the truth in the Holy Bible, not their own Dogma! God Bless!