Many opinions and rhetoric have been brought up in light of the US Election for POTUS. After hearing quotes such as “I want to vote for the lesser of two evils” just doesn’t sit well with me! Although I am not an American, I live in Canada, and a lot of what the US does and does not do affects the lives of Canadians as well as the rest of the World.
Remember voting for bad Government doesn’t make you a victim, it makes you an accomplice!
Here are some quotes to ponder from John Adams and Samuel Adams:
1. Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -John Quincy Adams
2. If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being a gift of ALMIGHTY GOD, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave. -Samuel Adams
3. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams (6th President of the U.S.)
4. Let them revere nothing but Religion, Morality, and Liberty… Religion and Virtue are the only foundations, not only of republicanism and of all free governments but of social felicity under all governments and in all the combinations of human society. -John Adams
5. The first and almost the only Book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. In what light soever we regard the Bible, whether with reference to revelation, to history, or to morality, it is an invaluable and inexhaustible mine of knowledge and virtue. -John Quincy Adams
Go and vote!