If you have been following this blog, you will notice that I have been very hard on the Roman Catholic Church. I am for many reasons. I am compelled as I see so many good people that cannot get above the legalism and straight out heresies that the RCC serves to them! This is a Salvation issue, nothing trivial!
So for discussion purposes I will lay out several falsehoods of the RCC and then what the Holy Bible aka “The Word of God” has to say about them. These are direct from the RCC that must be obeyed by the Church. I give you this scripture before embarking on our trip through the Catholic jungle.
2 Thess 2: 10-12, 10 “and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.”
1) Catholic’s usage of “Father” as a salutation: Matthew 23: 9, “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
This is a direct violation of the Word of God.
2) The act of Pouring Water for Baptism (not total immersion): Romans 6: 4, 4 “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”
3) Catholics appoint Saints: 1 Cor 1:2, 2 ” 2 unto the church of God which is at Corinth, even them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, their Lord and ours:”
ALL Christians are Saints.
4) Catholics Observance of Special Days: Gal 4: 9-11, “9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[d]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.”
Pretty clear…and lastly but not all…
5) The importance of Clerical Dress by Catholics: Matthew 23: 4-5, “4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. 5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long;”
Enough here to chew on I am guessing?
These are just a few of the conflicts and contradictions of God’s word to be found in the massive ornate building’s, traditions and RCC doctrines. I hope if you are a Catholic you will at least think about these points, and God’s word.